Sunday, January 6, 2013

Prepping the thumbnails

In putting together a piece for the Spectrum Annual competition (see here), I'm postponing my Drawing a Day for the next couple weeks (and the foreseeable future, if I continue to do new pieces).

This evening I sat down to throw some thumbnail sketches together. Eventually I want to have a couple hundred, but for this first round I didn't even know what I wanted to focus on for the story I'm illustrating (also one of my own), so I noodled a bit. I did know what I didn't want, though, so I had to walk the knife's edge between internally editing my thought process (bad) and putting down ink just for the sake of putting down ink (also bad).

Anyhow, these are prudently shrunken thumbs to prove I've been working, haha. More tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment