Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday Night is Party Time (zzzzzz)

This week has been a lesson in the 'Careful what you wish for' category. It also seems to bolster my already high opinion of 'Tempting the Gods'.

Making up for lost time this week has left me completely spent. But it did allow me to have some really great traffic time for mulling over my ideas; luckily there was plenty of time stopped to permit me to write down my thoughts. :-/

Currently my battle plan is to rough out all the stories I plan to have in the 'omnibus' edition (currently numbered at 20) and return to each like a buffet. I think this cross-pollination will allow better overall quality and should keep my learning curve from being that visible as I continue to write.

It also allows me the conceit of a shared universe amongst several of the stories, similar to Larry Niven's N-Space, or Stephen King's Castle Rock stories. Will all the stories be in one universe, or only some, or will there be distinct universes that include more than one story each? All good questions to chew on; I've already gathered them more or less into 4 or 5 different universes, each with a different focus on how the world proceeds from here.

And when those stories are roughed out, then I can begin roughing out the illustrations, tailoring their layouts to make sure they aren't too similar but act as a great set together.

So, that's my plan thus far.

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment