Saturday, December 1, 2012

Small things starting small

I don't really need to explain everything right now. Let's just say that somebody is turning a significant age in 2013 and would enjoy having accomplished one of his goals.

What's the goal? To produce a collection of short stories and illustrations that the average science fiction / fantasy / horror junkie would enjoy. Why this? Because I remember discovering 'The Gunslinger' by Stephen King in the school library, and it really clicked with me, especially since it had such great illustrations by Michael Whelan (both full color pages and bw ink vignettes - you'll see that influence on my choice of design for my book). It helped me discover a larger world of great imagery both written and painted. I want to give that back to the ether, hopefully for someone else to pick up and read / enjoy.

Disclaimer: I'm NOT equating myself with Stephen King or Michael Whelan. I AM saying they were a great influence on me in High School, and I'd like to thank them someday, personally.

As this project develops and grows, I'll be sharing more about my own background, and why I feel I can pull this off, but the most important thing now is to GET IT DONE.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment