Friday, February 1, 2013

Was this a good idea?

I've done this before, starting a blog and then abandoning it. The fact is though, I want to be able to keep a good record of the early times, because of course I'm going to be famous!

But I kid. I think it's a good way of keeping me on track. Anyone watching this is gravy, I suppose, but dammit I LIKE gravy. :-)

Here's a screen shot of my latest reference for the new illo:

That is my friend Noel, a local actor (and a very good one, at that). He wore a bow tie to the session and so therefore has turned my project into a potential Dr Who homage! Thanks Noel!

Here's another, just for fun:

Some of you may notice the low resolution of the photos. I don't mind that, there is enough definition for me. These are, in fact, screen grabs from the HD video I shot of Noel doing various poses, faces and general hilarity. Yes, I'm using HD video because in the past my photos lack a quality of motion to them, they looked too tense and rigid. This way I'm able to allow my models to move naturally and I can always go through the video one frame at a time to find the exact moment I was looking for.

But don't you worry! I took some still photos as well, for the details. But now I can do the general pose using a video grab and fill in the details with the still photos. Win-win for me and the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment